Sunday 14 April 2013

Finding the Balance exhibition opens next Saturday 20 April (meet the artist 1-3)

I'm counting down the days to my exhibition opening now. I've had more work than frames and space to hang them for some time!   Today's target is to make a decision on one of the images - should I have a second boxing image (monotype) or an iPad drawing of the swarm of bees that came into my garden and posed for me?   I'm leaning towards the boxing at the moment.


I used a number of different sketchbooks + the iPad and single sheets of paper for this project.   I've been looking at my 'negative' sketchbook which has drawings, collage, painted sketches and ideas of things that have thrown me off balance.  I deliberately focussed on developing the positive things to create final images to be hung on the wall. This activity in itself is part of keeping a balance.   However, if there's space, I think I'll put the 'negative' sketchbook on display in a case.

I had an A2 sized iPad text drawing - Stop and Smell the Flowers - foam board block mounted on Friday.  Glad I didn't do it myself, I hate the process.   Mat has sheets of foam board that are larger than A3, he mounts onto that and uses a guillotine to cut to size - much easier to get a good result.

I delivered some greetings cards to Wolverhampton Art Gallery shop on Wednesday - quite a few of them tie into this exhibition.  My hung lino and monotypes will be for sale.I will also have a few small, mounted iPad text drawing giclees available.

I haven't finished creating a sheet to give to visitors yet.... better get onto that now!